The Ghana Institute Of Management and Public Administration shortened as GIMPA is a well known public university in Accra.
The institution has more than three campuses scattered across the country, with six schools and ten research centers located at Greenhill in the Greater Accra region.
The location “Greenhill” was given by Nicholas T. Clerk. It was given in reference to the greenery and hilly topography of the location of its main campus.
GIMPA was transformed into a university by an Act of Parliament in 2004. In 1961, the institution was established by the government of Ghana with help from the United Nations Special Fund Project.
Read Also:Courses Offered At KNUST
Before turning into a university, the institution was referred to as the Institute Of Public Administration.
Currently, GIMPA offers masters, Bachelor’s and executive degree programmes in business administration, law and a wide range of educational fields.
Read Also:Legon Courses And Grades(Cut-off Points)
Below is a list of some courses offered by the institution.
- Diploma In Applied Computer Science (DACS)
- Diploma In Management Studies (DMS)
- Bsc. Business Administration
- Bsc. Marketing
- Bsc. Accounting
- Bsc. Project Management
- Bsc. Finance
- Bsc. Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Bsc. Management Information System
- Bsc. Information Communication Technology
- Bsc. Computer Science
- Bsc. Health Informatics
- Bsc. Hospitality Management
- Bsc. Public Administration
- Bachelor Of Laws(Post-first degree-3 years)
- Bachelor Of Laws (Undergraduate degree-4 years)