The Ghana Commercial Bank happens to be one of the most acknowledged financial institutions in Ghana and can be regarded the second lender of last resort.
This is simply based on the fact that they offer services which probably makes them second in command to the Bank of Ghana.
If you are someone who has been following news concerning financial institutions in the country, you would agree with the Ghana Commercial Bank has been accustomed to a high level of reverence when it comes to top-notch banker-customer relationship within the banking sector.
As a well noted financial institution in Ghana, the bank’s primary objective is to emerge as a dominant party in the market harnessed by the three major pillars of revenue, growth and profitability, people and talents as well as operational excellence.
Currently, GCB has the best banking rates which has compelled lots of people to do business with them.
Below is a list of selling and buying prices of some notable foreign currencies as we speak.
- USD Buying – 7.1600. Selling – 8.1000
- Pounds Sterling Buying – 8.7500 Selling – 9.8700
- EURO – Buying – 7.5000 Selling – 8.5000
- YEN – Buying – 0.0532. Selling – 0.0600
As the bank sought to expand its borders for enhancement customer service to other parts of the country, the Ghana Commercial Bank thought it wise to establish branches in other parts of the country.
Currently, the bank has over 183 branches scattered across the length and breadth of the country. Some located in Kumasi, Accra, Takoradi and Cape Coast.
If you happen to stay far from their head office located at the Accra Central area, then you can make it a point to move any of the following branches in order to get access to their products and services.
- Accra High Street Branch – Accra
- Achimota School Branch – Achimota
- Burma Camp Branch – Burma Camp
- Dansoman High Street – Dansoman
- Ayikai Street – Abossey Okai
- Dzorwulu Branch
- Kwame Nkrumah Circle – GCB Towers , Circle
- Korle- Bu Branch
- Nima Road Branch – Nima
- 23 Lagos Avenue Branch – East Legon
- 577 Oxford Street Branch – OSU Oxford Street
- Madina Zongo Junction Branch – Madina
- Tantra Hill Branch – Tantra