Formally known as Ho Polytechnic, the Ho Technical University is a public tertiary institution located in the Volta region of Ghana.
In Ho, it is located along the Sogakope Road close to the SSNIT flats.
The institution began operating in the year 1968 as a public technical institute with sole objective of providing pre-technical education.
By 1972, Ho Polytechnic made outstanding progress and upgraded its courses. In 1986, the institution got the opportunity to be upgraded into a technical university.
However, it was in 1993 that it got the complete backing of the Law (Polytechnic Law 321).
The university offers Master Of Technology, Higher National Diploma (HND), Bachelor Of Technology and other non-tertiary programmes.
Read Also:Courses Offered At KNUST
Below is a list of courses offered by the institution.
- Bachelor Of Technology (B.Tech) Programmes
- Bachelor Of Technology, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor Of Technology, Automobile Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology, Agricultural Engineering
Read Also:Home Economics Courses Offered In Legon
Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes
- HND Industrial Art
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles
- HND Information and Communication Technology
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management
- HND Agro-Enterprise Development
- HND Statistics
- HND Banking and Finance
- HND Marketing
- HND Accountancy
- HND Civil Engineering
- HND Computer Science
- HND Purchasing And Supply
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies
Read Also:Courses Offered At GIMPA
- Cookery For Catering Industry II
- Diploma In Business Studies
- Motor Vehicle Technician Part I & II
- Agricultural Engineering Technician Part I & II
- Electrical/Electronic Technician Part I II & III
- Advanced Fashion
- Certificate II