Reports Of Fire Outbreak At Korle-Bu Maternity Ward False – Management
Management of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra has stated it categorically that it is not true that the maternity block of the hospital has been gutted by fire.
The clarification follows a viral video pop up on social media around 11pm on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
Read Also:Abena Korkor Op£ns Her L€gs Wide For Fans To See Her Akosua Kuma Feeli Feeli ( Watch Video)
The minute video, shared by one Maxwell Akpabli showed nurses at the maternity ward of the hospital, attempting to evacuate some newly born babies from a room believed to be on fire.
Again, viewers were asked to come to the aid of hospital staff and the babies if they were interested in helping.
But rubbishing the claims, the Public Relations Officer for the Hospital, Mustapha Salifu described it as an exaggeration.
Read Also:Stop Eating Salted Fish For Now – Prof. Nunoo Cautions Ghanaians
According to him, an air-conditioning system at the doctors’ restroom caught fire, but the situation was quickly contained.
“It is a false alarm to create panic,” he added.