The University Of Mines And Technology is a public university located in the Western part of the country.
The university was institutionalized in November 2004. It started operating as the Tarkwa Technical Institute in the year 1952.
Read Also:Legon Courses And Grades(Cut-off Points)
Nine years later, the university was changed to Tarkwa School of Mines with the objective of training labor for the mining industry in Ghana.
In 1976, the university became a faculty of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
Read Also:Courses Offered At KNUST
The university was elevated to the university college level and referred to as the Western University College of KNUST.
The institution became a full fledged university in 2004. 4 years later, the first batch of the university graduated in Tarkwa without joining the KNUST graduate batch.
In 2018, the name of the institution was changed to the George Paa Grant.
Below is a list of faculties and departments operating in the institution.
Faculty Of Mineral Resources Technology
- Department Of Geological Engineering
- Department Of Geomatic Engineering
- Department Of Mineral Engineering
- Department Of Mining Engineering
- Department Of Petroleum Engineering
- Department Of Environmental And Safety Engineering
Read Also:General Nursing Courses In Ghana
Faculty Of Integrated Management Science
- Department Of Technical Communication
- Department Of Management Studies
Read Also:Ernest Chemist Branches In Ghana
School Of Postgraduate Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma (PgD)
- Master Of Science (Msc)
- Master Of Philosophy(Mphil)
- Doctor of Philosophy(PhD)